Monday, October 6, 2008

Finally having my say (without interruptions)

I have a confession to make.

It's happened.

I am officially obsessed with NKOTB again. (Not that I ever
really stopped being obsessed to begin with)

What is it about these 5 guys (Ok, so really only 1) that turns 99.99% of my brain to complete mush, leaving only the portion dedicated to behaving like a psycho stalker?

Is there some sort of brainwashing going on? There has to be some hidden messages in their music, right? Because I can promise you that I'm not the only one.

I've seen it with my own eyes.

Grown women, who in every other way seem completely normal and reasonable...losing their ever loving minds and behaving like complete fools.

And I'm not talking about 1 or 2 here...this is a serious epidemic! Thousands and thousands of wives and mothers around the country have been infected, and it's still spreading like wildfire.

Someone really should do something about this.

Seriously though...

Since the concert I just can't seem to think about anything else for more than 2-3 minutes at a time. One show just wasn't enough. I
need more.

I think I'm beginning to understand what it's like to be addicted to drugs...just one more hit and I'm done, I swear! But not really, because I don't want the feeling to ever go away. There's just nothing else like it in the world.

I can't explain it.

I don't think you can really understand it unless you've been a part of it.

There have always been critics and haters out there trying to tear it down. People who just can't understand why millions of girls could love some silly pop group so very much.

What these people have never understood is that it has never
really been about the music.

I mean, the music is fine and all. It's sort of mindlessly entertaining and fun to sing along with...but come on, do you really believe that I think that Hangin' Tough is musical genius?

HELL NO! I never did, and I never will.

It was never about that.

It has
ALWAYS been about them.

I don't know what it is about them that inspires such devotion. I wouldn't even want to attempt to try to figure it out.

I just know that Maurice Starr and Mary Alford stumbled into "creating" something truly magical.

I hesitate to say that they created anything, because it's not really factual. It was more like they brought 5 elements together and accidentally invented dynamite.

I can even understand why so many people started to hate them so much.

The marketing machine behind them was just insane.

You can only stand to have something shoved down your throat for so long before you gag and spit it back out.

I am just so happy that this time around they are doing it
their way.

I'm not saying that there isn't money involved, because that would just be unbelievably naive.

But there is so much more than that.

These men have been given an unbelievable gift, and they
know it.

They understand their fans, and they know that we understand them.

We have battled the critics and haters
together for over 20 years.

People thought that we were all just silly little children.

Puppets being manipulated by "the man behind the curtain".

Well guess what, we're all grown up now and we're out to prove "them" wrong.

We may have been just 5 guys from Boston and a bunch of foolish, hormonally imbalanced girls...but there was more to it than that then, and there is more to it than that now.

Joe, Jordan, and Donnie...those three have
IT.

I don't know what
IT is any better than the next guy, but I do know that whatever IT happens to be, those three have IT in spades.

You can see it in their eyes when they perform.

They are up on that stage having the time of their lives, and they want to bring you along for the ride if you'll let them.

Danny and Jon have a little bit of
IT too, but mostly I think they're just content to come along for the ride with the rest of us.

I need to clarify something here- because I am already catching crap for this comment and I think that it is being taken entirely the wrong way. I LOVE Danny and Jon, and I think that they are just as important to the group as the other 3. I only meant to say that I see a fire in the eyes of Joe, Jordan, and Donnie that I just don't see in the other 2 when they perform. It seems like those three need to perform like they need air...and Jon and Danny don't have that in my opinion. Let me just say that last thing ONE more time...it is MY OPINION. I'm not asking anyone to agree with me about it, just putting it out there.

Whatever the true reason behind all of this is...honestly it doesn't even matter. I am just so happy to be a part of it again.

It's like coming home after being away for a very long time.

Welcome back guys...

I missed you.





UPDATE: I have written another post to clarify a few of the things I said in this one. Please read it before commenting.

8 comments:

  1. Hangin' tough not muscial genius? What kind of fan are you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it wrong that I feel the same way about Take That? You're still just 15 at heart, aren't you? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't stop laughing...!! Maybe b/c I have always loved NKOTB.

    And have I told you how jealous I am that you went to a concert...

    You.are.so.o.o.o.lucky!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember having an argument with my mom about NKOTB back in the day. I swore to her that they were going to be as legendary as The Beatles. Obviously they had cast their little spell on me too.

    If being addicted to a cute boy band is wrong, I don't wanna be right!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, I wasn't very INTO them when we were kids, I mean, I had a Donnie poster and stuff. I think I may have been too old or too young. Anyway, I haven't heard their new music yet. Guess I should get on that, huh?
    And, you know me...nothing wrong with mooshing on Cute Boys....(even if they are over the age of 30)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with most of the stuff every since the concert i can't get enough of NKOTB that's all i listen to now and i'm constantly on the website. i so understand about the concert the 3 Jordan,Joe and Donnie were the hit of the show but we have to remember there is 5 and they are all in it together and we love them all i'm an NKOTB addict

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's awesome that you are still this fired up about NKOTB as you were back in the day, and observant to notice which guys in the band are still really "feelin it" and which aren't!

    Rock on mama, ROCK ON!

    Or something like that. It actually sounded cooler in my head. *lol*

    ReplyDelete
  8. My first time to your blog.
    1) your baby girl is ah-dor-able...like you didn't know.
    2) OMG, I still love NKOTB!
    3) Buttttt, what about BSB's..yes, The Back Street Boys!

    I just love hunky men, in low cute jeans, that play bad boys, and act like they want to be with me!!!!

    ReplyDelete